I admit it, I'm a little behind with my craft challenge posts. I had some tutorials building up, unfinished projects, and a pile of images to edit. Procrastinate much? Well I'm here to show you how to make these awesome little coasters that I made last week for my sister's birthday. Then I'll be sharing this week's diy tomorrow over at My Billie!
Here's what you need:
- Trace squares that fit just slightly smaller than your tiles. My tiles were 4.25"x4.25" so I cut my squares to 4"x4".
- Cut your squares out. I cut more than the amount of coasters I planned to make so that I could create lots of color and pattern combinations.
- Use a ruler to cut the squares into triangles.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the tile and cover with paper. Use a credit card to flatten out any wrinkles or air bubbles in the paper. Let dry.
- Cut squares from the felt to fit the tiles.
- Apply a second layer of Mod Podge to your tile. Let dry.
- Once the Mod Podge has dried completely. Spray each tile with a clear gloss coat. Let dry.
- After the clear coat has hardened. Turn the tiles over and spray them with adhesive, press on the felt squares. This will keep them from scratching furniture.
Let them dry and they're ready to go!