52 Week Challenge: #4 Collared Sweater DIY

Thursday, February 16

Here's an easy way to makeover a plain old sweater you make have in your closet, and turn it into a pretty collared sweater.
Collars are EVERYWHERE lately, here's some cute ones from Pinterest.
Instead, I decided to make my own. My aunt recently gave me some vintage lace collars, well I assume they were collars. Look at this collection of lovely vintage ones:
I've found that these vintage collars have a little snap so that you can remove them and wear them with other sweaters, so cute!!! But regular lace does just fine.
Pin the lace to the neck of your sweater, like this. Tack it on, using just a few stitches. Leave some space if you have a button. This will give you the option of removing the lace if you ever change your mind.
You may need to run an iron over your new sweater, so that the collar lays flat. Enjoy!!!


image sources (clockwise from left): one//two//three//four

3 comments:

  1. What type of lace did you use? It appears to be slightly curved, but I can't find any curved lace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're willing to take a little extra time you can fit straight lace to the curve of the collar and then tack-stitch the edges to lay the way you want.

      Delete
    2. What a precious gift I’ve been looking for a collar pattern to make some

      Delete

Calico skies All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger